Sunday, October 1, 2017

Terrence McCauley

Terrence P. McCauley is an award-winning writer of crime fiction and thrillers.

His new book, the third novel in his University Series, is A Conspiracy of Ravens.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. McCauley's reply:
I usually read two books at once. One fiction and one non-fiction. It helps diffuse my intake so I don't accidentally adopt the style of the fiction writer I'm reading. The non-fiction book I'm currently reading is The Plot to Seize the White House: The Shocking True Story of the Conspiracy to Overthrow FDR by Jules Archer. It's a fascinating true story about a movement in the country to remove FDR after his election and replace him with U.S. Marine General Smedley Butler, a war hero. What's most interesting about the story is that Butler revealed the plot himself. It's a great read.

My fiction choice this month is The Looking Glass War by John le Carré. I'm trying to read all of the Smiley books before I read his new one and I'm enjoying it immensely. I've tried to read the book several times before, but I've always lost interest in the early going. But this, my third attempt, has me hooked. Le Carré's prose is beautiful, but his style takes some getting used to. I suppose a book has to find you at the right time for it to click with a reader and, for me, this one is clicking on all cylinders. If you like le Carré, you'll love this one.
Visit Terrence McCauley's website.

My Book, The Movie: A Conspiracy of Ravens.

The Page 69 Test: A Conspiracy of Ravens.

--Marshal Zeringue