Thursday, October 12, 2017

Sarah Bailey

Sarah Bailey lives in Melbourne, Australia and has two young sons. She has fifteen years experience in the advertising industry and is currently a director at creative projects company Mr Smith.

Bailey's first novel is The Dark Lake.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
My reading pile has been dominated by Australian authors of late and I feel fortunate to have been on some memorable journeys with some incredible characters.

Sam, the young protagonist in Ben Hobson’s To Become a Whale was a beautiful young soul and his coming of age tale set against the harsh Australian landscape was very vivid. I spent the majority of the book wishing that I could adopt him.

I have also recently enjoyed Kylie Ladd’s The Way Back which was a really interesting twist on the thriller genre, exploring the impact a kidnapping has on the family of the young girl taken, rather than purely focusing on the drama of her abduction. The characters were all wonderfully drawn and incredibly engaging.

I always have a few crime thrillers on the go and have just re-read Michael Robotham’s Watching You which is a great little ride and part of his wonderful series featuring the psychologist Joe O’Loughlin.

I’m currently reading a Camilla Lackberg thriller The Lost Boy, set in icy Sweden. Ironically, I picked this up on a holiday in sunny Queensland – it’s especially nice to read about somewhere cold when you are somewhere warm! I always enjoy Lackberg’s mix of crime and human drama.
Visit Sarah Bailey's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Dark Lake.

My Book, The Movie: The Dark Lake.

--Marshal Zeringue