Sunday, April 30, 2017

Stephen P. Kiernan

As a journalist and novelist, Stephen P. Kiernan has published nearly four million words. His newspaper work has garnered more than forty awards — including the George Polk Award and the Scripps Howard Award for Distinguished Service to the First Amendment.

Kiernan is the author of the novels The Hummingbird and The Curiosity, and the newly released novel The Baker's Secret.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
I just finished The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve, which I enjoyed. The plot is deceptively simple, and the main character is so sympathetic I found myself rooting for her more fiercely with every page. I also just read Celine by Peter Heller, which has his strongest characters yet, and the story possesses a wonderful spooky charm. Chris Bohjalian's The Sleepwalker had his characteristic excellent hook and the ending was a total surprise.

I've also been reading deeply in the subject of my next novel, but I don't want to talk about those books until I have a clearer plot in mind.
Visit Stephen Kiernan's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Curiosity.

The Page 69 Test: The Curiosity.

--Marshal Zeringue