Thursday, December 29, 2016

T. C. LoTempio

T. C. LoTempio is the author of the nationally bestselling Nick and Nora mystery series. When she’s not writing books, she and her cat Rocco fundraise for Nathan Fillion’s charity, Kids Need to Read.

LoTempio's latest novel is Crime and Catnip.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
My reading tastes are varied. One week I’ll choose a cozy mystery, a thriller the next, or maybe even a true crime novel. I’m also a big fan of biographies, particularly historical ones that feature King Henry VIII and his wives. One book I recently read was Anne Boleyn: The Final 24 Hours by Marcella Mayfair. Anne Boleyn has always been my favorite of Henry’s wives so I was most anxious to read this book. The story is told in a minute by minute countdown which ends with her walk to the scaffold, and it describes the actions and thoughts of the leading players in Anne’s life: Thomas Cramer, Jane Seymour, Lady Mary, Thomas Wyatt, and, of course, Henry VIII!

Another excellent biography I just finished was A Fine Romance, Candice Bergen’s follow up to her first memoir, Knock Wood. I’ve been a longtime fan of hers since Murphy Brown, so I was anxious to read this one. Ms. Bergen talked not only about her career and Murphy Brown, but about her marriage to Louis Malle, how she coped after his death, and about her relationship with her daughter. I closed the book and even though I’ve never met her, I feel like Candice Bergen is one of my best friends.
Visit T.C. LoTempio's website.

My Book, The Movie: Crime and Catnip.

The Page 69 Test: Crime and Catnip.

--Marshal Zeringue