Thursday, December 15, 2016

Gail Oust

Gail Oust's fourth Spice Shop mystery is Curried Away.

Her other books include the Bunco Babes mystery series.

Recently I asked Oust about what she was reading. Her reply:
My default setting when it comes to reading is always the mystery genre. Although I write cozies, I tend to favor suspense. I'm currently reading Sandra Brown's Mean Streak, which I suppose technically can be considered romantic suspense. I picked this book from my to-be-read pile because of the glowing recommendation of a friend who mentioned the many plot twists. As a writer, I also admire Ms. Brown's deft use of multiple points of view to give her story more depth.

When I decide on a change from mystery, I browse the bestseller lists or book club selections to stay more well-rounded. I recently read A Man Called Ove by Swedish author, Fredrik Backman, and enjoyed it immensely. I loved how skillfully Backman could turn a curmudgeon into lovable then back again while always remaining true to the character.
Visit Gail Oust's website.

My Book, The Movie: Rosemary and Crime.

--Marshal Zeringue