Thursday, December 22, 2016

Elizabeth Gunn

Elizabeth Gunn is from Minnesota but has lived everywhere else since graduation from college. She married during a season of work in Yellowstone Park and raised her children in Helena, Montana. After selling the inn-keeping business they built there, Gunn and her husband traveled extensively, aboard a sailboat in Mexico, in an RV all over North America, and by bus tours throughout Europe when they lived in Barcelona, Spain, for a year.

Gunn's latest Sarah Burke novel is Denny's Law.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
Three things, as usual. I like to have one big ongoing project, and right now it’s the Library of America’s four-volume set called “The Civil War, told by those who lived it.” Beautifully produced, as always, a pleasure to the hand and eye as well as the brain. I’m near the end of volume one. It’s a stunner.

The second: I’m re-reading the Nick Adams stories. Still think they’re some of Hemingway’s best work. Just finished “Big Two-Hearted River.” I can taste the trout.

Thirdly, I usually read most of The Atlantic, The New York Review of Books and the New Yorker, to feel a little in touch with a world I don’t travel to much anymore.
Visit Elizabeth Gunn's website.

My Book, The Movie: Denny's Law.

The Page 69 Test: Denny's Law.

--Marshal Zeringue