Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Eleanor Kuhns

Eleanor Kuhns is the 2011 winner of the Minotaur Books/Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel competition. She lives in New York, received her master’s in Library Science from Columbia University, and is currently the Assistant Director at the Goshen Public Library in Orange County, New York.

Kuhns's new novel is The Devil's Cold Dish.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
As usual I am reading two books at the same time. My fiction reading right now is Arena by Holly Jennings. Although I read a lot of mysteries (no surprise ), I also enjoy science fiction and fantasy. Besides that, guilty secret here, I am a passionate gamer. Arena takes gaming away from the console into a totally immersive virtual reality world. For a gamer, this would be like heaven. But Arena explores the impact of money, power and celebrity on gaming, because of course it becomes big business. Loving it so far.

At the same time I am researching my next book - that would be number seven. Six, The Shaker Murders, is already with the publisher. So I am reading State o' Maine by Louise Dickinson Rich. It is an old history of Maine, from the thirties I think, so there is a lot of social history about the early days when Maine was still a Province of Massachusetts.
Learn more about the book and author at Eleanor Kuhns's blog and Facebook page.

Coffee with a Canine: Eleanor Kuhns & Shelby.

The Page 69 Test: The Devil's Cold Dish.

--Marshal Zeringue