Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gary Corby

Gary Corby is the author of the Athenian Mystery series, starring Nicolaos, his girlfriend Diotima, and his irritating twelve year old brother Socrates.

The books in order are The Pericles Commission, The Ionia Sanction, Sacred Games and The Marathon Conspiracy.

Corby lives in Sydney, Australia, with his wife, two daughters, and assorted guinea pigs and budgerigars.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. Corby's reply:
I’ve just returned from an author tour, which included collecting piles of new books to read. I’m very lucky they came home in one piece. My book bag was torn to shreds when I pulled it off the carousel.

I’ve just finished reading Dead Lions, by Mick Herron. (The book was in that shredded bag...) It’s a terrific story of superannuated MI5 spies, who are called back into active surface after one of their former colleagues is discovered dead.

An Officer And A Spy by Robert Harris needs no description by me. It’s getting rave reviews everywhere. Correctly so.

The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch is a fun epic fantasy world full of...you guessed it...thieves. This one is third in the series. Lynch does a good job of progressing the story of his thief-hero Locke Lamora and Locke’s various friends and enemies.

I’ve also recently pulled from our shelves to re-read Stickman, by Seth Pfefferle. (Read it for the author’s name, if nothing else!) Pfefferle wrote a series of short, supernatural thrillers back in the 1980s, which I remember fondly. Stickman was his best, I think.
Visit Gary Corby's blog.

The Page 69 Test: The Pericles Commission.

My Book, The Movie: The Pericles Commission.

My Book, The Movie: The Ionia Sanction.

The Page 69 Test: The Ionia Sanction.

The Page 69 Test: Sacred Games.

My Book, The Movie: Sacred Games.

--Marshal Zeringue