Saturday, February 8, 2014

Alecia Whitaker

Alecia Whitaker is the author of The Queen of Kentucky and the forthcoming Wildflower.

Recently I asked the writer about what she was reading. Whitaker's reply:
I don't get a whole lot of time to read these days. The schedule for the three-book series I'm working on now (called Wildflower) is brutal. But in between deadlines, I've managed to devour Matthew Quick's novel Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock and as usual when it comes to his writing, I loved it. Matthew Quick writes with such honesty and is gifted with the incredible talent of marrying deeply disturbing topics with reality and humor. I really love his work. He is one of my favorite authors of all time and he is so consistent.

Right now I'm reading Just Like Fate by Suzanne Young and my good friend Cat Patrick. It's been a good read so far and I keep wondering which author wrote which sections. The main character has to choose whether to Go or to Stay and so the book seems to be showing how either decision would affect her life and/or which would have been the better choice. I'm only halfway through, but it's an interesting idea for sure.

And in July, the first book of my series Wildflower comes out and I'll be reading that–a lot–at signings and author visits. It's weird knowing that people are already reading advanced copies. It's out there... in the world. I hope my readers enjoy it!
Visit Alecia Whitaker's website.

--Marshal Zeringue