Saturday, March 16, 2013

Robin Burcell

Robin Burcell, an FBI-trained forensic artist, has worked in law enforcement for over two decades as a police officer, detective and hostage negotiator.  The latest books in her series featuring Special Agent Sydney Fitzpatrick are The Dark Hour and The Black List.

Recently I asked Burcell about what she was reading,  Her reply:
On my fiction list is The Boyfriend, by Thomas Perry, a thriller about a retired homicide detective-turned-PI investigating the murder of a high class call girl. Perry will be on a panel I will be moderating at Left Coast Crime which will be held this year in Colorado Springs, and I like to be current on the panelists. If you like reading mysteries, this is one great conference to attend!

On my non-fiction list is Conspiracy Theories: Secrecy and Power in American Culture by Mark Fenster. It’s an academic look into conspiracy theory, which I’m using as research for my next thriller, The Kill Order (due out at next January). Most of my books bring in a bit of real history intertwined with cultural conspiracy theory, so this book was right up my alley!
Visit Robin Burcell's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Black List.

The Page 69 Test: The Dark Hour.

--Marshal Zeringue