Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rick Mofina

Rick Mofina is a former crime reporter and the award-winning author of several acclaimed thrillers. He's interviewed murderers face-to-face on death row and patrolled with the LAPD and the RCMP. His true-crime articles have appeared in the New York Times, Marie Claire, Reader's Digest and Penthouse. He's reported from the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, Africa, Qatar and Kuwait's border with Iraq.

Mofina's novels include Every Fear, A Perfect Grave, Six Seconds, Vengeance Road, and the latest, The Panic Zone.

Not so long ago I asked him what he was reading. His reply:
For my birthday my wife gave me Columbine, by Dave Cullen. It is a heart-wrenching nonfiction account of the tragedy that gripped the U.S. and the world in 1999. The book resonated with me because when the story broke, I was dispatched to the scene in Colorado. At that time, I was a reporter with the Calgary Herald. Cullen leaves no stone unturned and some of his gripping accounts of events haunt me. It is a well-written chronicling of a dark piece of history.
Visit Rick Mofina's website.

The Page 69 Test: Every Fear.

My Book, The Movie: A Perfect Grave.

The Page 69 Test: Six Seconds.

The Page 69 Test: Vengeance Road.

--Marshal Zeringue