Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jordan Christy

Jordan Christy is a music publicist and has worked with dozens of artists and celebrities, in addition to various TV and media outlets. She has also written for local and national fashion magazines and music trade publications.

Her new book is How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World: The Art of Living with Style, Class, and Grace.

Last month I asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
I just finished Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being A Woman and am happy to report that it elicited twelve chuckles and six laugh-out-louds (which is not easy to do). I am a non-fiction reader at heart, and prefer those non-fiction books to be funny, if at all possible. Nora Ephron delivers every time. Nora, if you're listening, I would like you to write the screenplay when my book gets made into a movie.

I also just read Hitman: Forty Years Making Music, Topping the Charts, and Winnings Grammys by the legendary producer David Foster. I work as a publicist in the music industry by day, so I'm always amused and entertained by other insider's thoughts and insights into the industry. It was fun to learn how he got started in the biz, as well as hear his personal experiences with some of music's greatest legends.

If you were to ask me this same question, "What are you currently reading?" tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that, you would probably get the same response for this next book. My 9-month old is currently obsessed with My Little Counting Book by Roger Priddy, so we read it about 14 times a day. These Priddy books are phenomenal tools for associating words, colors, and numbers ... but I feel they could accurately rename it, My Ginormous Counting Book, as it weighs about twenty pounds, and when open, is as big as my daughter.
Visit Jordan Christy's website, blog, and Facebook page.

--Marshal Zeringue